Thursday, December 04, 2008

Oil Speedpaint 03



13 minutes for this one down to 7 something. I will eventually post the finals. Enough of this for now. Tried to get the palette visible, as limited as it was. All of these were done with
  • Ivory Black
  • Burnt Sienna
  • Titanium White
Just to get a warm cool mix.
I think the hardest thing about these was the fact that I was doing them flat on a table and I couldn't get around to the left side because the camera & light were in the way! All my brush strokes kinda went from left to right. Unexpectedly frustrating.

12 comments:

Pointpusher said...

Hot diggaty-dog. What a great great post Mark. It's great to see your process like this. Cool painting too.

Jeff Mahorney said...

Just wonderful to watch. Thanks Mark!

Marco Bucci said...

Awesome again! You inspired me to paint all day, instead of do work.
Thanks for the atelier acrylic info too; I'm gonna give them a whirl.

Neil Davies said...

Mark, these are wonderful to watch - thanks for taking the time to record and post them. I've never got on with oils but I think I'll have a go now!

Garrett Hanna said...

These are awesome Mark! Thanks so much for sharing man. You make me want to try oils!

Alberto Abril said...

Thank you for your show ways of doing the work are excellent.

Breadwig said...

Even with the setup frustrations, you can see the confidence with which you paint. Really cool stuff.

Jeff Solway said...

thanks for posting these

JeremySaliba said...

really cool.

Renee Kurilla said...

I love watching these...you remind me of how much I love to paint. I've been working on the computer so long, I forgot what I love most.

James Chiang said...

just brilliant...thanks for sharing this Mark!

Katy Hargrove said...

Thank you so much for posting your process. It's very educational and just plain rad!